Five things to consider when using POS customer data to create marketing campaigns
1. The goal of effective use of customer purchase and transactional data is to influence behavior to create additional purchases.
2. Primary data is the most effective data. Primary data is defined as data you collect rather than source from a second party.
3. To determine which data is the most useful ask this key question, “ I wish we knew, so we could”
4. Data is a bucket of information that has little value until used smartly.
5. Fail fast. Design marketing programs to use customer data and analyze the results quickly. If successful continue the campaign if not stop it.